Returners review by The Ghost Inside

• Released: Jun 8, 2010
The Ghost Inside: Returners

This album was able to be catchy and pummeling at the same time, the drumming is impressive, the drop A# guitar work sounds catchy, and the vox(and gang vox) add a really cool touch. It's not screaming, but it's obviously not singing, which gives a very distinct, unique sound, almost like a really heavy punk band. Definitely something that sounds different and they pull it off very well.

The singer uses not a scream, but more of a yell, like a hardcore punk 90's-esque band. The lyrics are impressive, most of the songs have a great meaning behind them, "I've got here worth fighting for" being one of more memorable ones on the album. The use of gang vocals on songs like "unspoken" give it a great feel too, they really took advantage of the group vox.

This album sets itself apart from many albums of this year, the catchiness and overall feel of the CD really stand out. Unspoken is definitely one of the better songs on the album, though all are awesome to listen to, definitely an album that should be picked up.

heartagram256
    Wow. I haven't seen a single comment on here of anyone talking shit about this band or album. That's a first. Great album though. I find it really catchy. The reviewer's just a total dumbass.
    withgunstoglory
    MustangMan311 wrote: embracethisjosh wrote: Please never let this guy review any album in the metal or hardcore genre ever again. Leave the melodies and harmonies at home? Jesus Christ, I would be completely irritated with how ignorant he is if I wasn't laughing at how idiotic he sounds when he says shit like that. If you don't listen the the genre, why in the hell are you even TRYING to review an album. The only reason you feel that this album has no diversity is because you're still in the phase of calling the vocals "shouting." Seriously. Dude has no idea how to review a metalcore band. GTFO.
    Quoted for ****ing truth.
    shredheadted
    camc1214 wrote: Thanks for the review dad.
    My thoughts exactly. Awsome album, I liked Fury and the Fallen ones a lil better, but I havent listened to this a whole lot. A solid 8