Drink the Sea Review

8.1
 1,607
review (1) 8 comments vote for this album:
Drink the Sea Reviewed by: AndresB97, on july 29, 2013

Sound: It was a cold school night when I first heard this band, I was bored at my bedroom and wanted to listen to some cool music, so I decided to search for "Seven Nation Army Remix," and the first result was by... The Glitch Mob, and WOW, I was blown away. So, I decided to check them out a little more. That same night I downloaded this album. This album is a masterpiece, it's incredibly well done and has some of the greatest electronic tracks I've ever heard, each one was as or more impressive than the other. The whole album is filled with mind blowing industrial, electronica, experimental and synthpop sounds, that you won't get tired off because of their unique feel and sound, even if some song might sound like the other, you can really appreciate all the great things on every song. If you don't feel like getting the whole album I suggest you listen to "Animus Vox," "Between Two Points," "Drive It Like You Stole It," "Starve the Ego, Feed the Soul" and "How to Be Eaten by a Woman." // 10

Lyrics: The album itself is mostly instrumental, so there isn't much to talk about in this section, except for one song, "Between Two Points," which features the electronic singer Swan on the impressive and beautiful vocals. Are the lyrics to the song any good? Well... "We've got forever Slipping through our hands We've got more time To never understand Falling footsteps Weighing heavy on me Behind darkness Beneath candles Whispers waltz Around our dreams The shortest distance Between two points Is the line From me to you Feet turning black Is this the path we must walk? No turning back Wish I could just hear you talk Can something like this be pulled From under our feet? Leaving our skin And burning coals to meet Tell me now The shortest distance Between two points Is the line From me to you" Yes, my god yes, 100000 times yes. The song is filled with these surreal and atmospheric lyrics that will make you feel something really hard to describe, but still beautiful. // 10

Overall Impression: This is an amazing debut album by a great electronica, syntpop, IDM and industrial band that everyone should hear, and if you're into electronic music (that isn't mindless dubstep or house) this is a most own for you. The whole album is just going to blow you away and will leave you wanting for more, It's easily one of the greatest albums of this generation, and, in my opinion, of all time. That's pretty much all I have to say, I've heard this album 8 times by now and every time is amazing. This is just a suggestion but, listen to this album while walking outside, it'll put a huge smile on your face, or, if you're a gamer, trust me, this can be used as a GREAT soundtrack ;)

// 10