Thunder, Lightning, Strike Review

The Go! Team: Thunder, Lightning, Strike
Release Date: Sep 13, 2004
Label: Memphis Industries
Genres: Indie Rock, Indie Electronic
Cinematic, fantastic, and essential to all who want their music larger than life and rambunctious, Thunder, Lightning, Strike is the kind of record that makes you glad to be alive.
 8.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Thunder, Lightning, Strike Reviewed by: jjsuperfly, on june 30, 2006

Sound: The Go! Team's debut album is one of the most original CDs that I've ever heard. The Go! Team mixes hip-hop, pop, folk, and tribal music styles. You think any mixture of tribal and folk music would be terrible, but, believe me, you have to listen to this album. A wide variety of sounds (synthetic horns, piano, guitar, keyboard, and harmonica, just to name a few) combine over hip-hop beats with fun, pop-chorus vocals and old-school raps. This has to be heard to be described. It is unique, entertaining, and the best album that I've heard so far this year. Though the production quality is somewhat poor, it can't come anywhere close to ruining great music. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics of this album cannot really be judged, since half of the songs are instrumental, and the lyrics that are there are inidentifiable (a result of the poor production). The internet has no source for the lyrics, so nobody but The Go! Team knows for sure what they are. // 1

Overall Impression: Thunder, Lightning, Strike is a fantastic and promising debut. The Go! Team sounds quite unlike anybody in the music scene today. Each song on the album is unique and fun. If it were lost, I would not hesitate to re-purchase this album. I can't wait to see what The Go! Team is going to follow this up with. // 10

Comments