Heads Are Gonna Roll review by The Hippos

• Released: Aug 24, 1999
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
The Hippos: Heads Are Gonna Roll

The music on this album is what I'd call The Hippos best to date. None of the artist in this group are all that extraordinary at what they but as a band you have to appreciate their sound as a whole. If I was asked to pick my favorite member of the band I'd go with the drummer, he does a little more than the standard beat and you can tell he knows what he's doing. This CD's biggest appeal is it's catchy choruses, you will find yourself humming the "He Said" Chorus everywhere you go.

Ahhhh and the downside to the album...The lyrics on this CD are something you'd expect from a middle school band. Nothing is really that thought out, "...when I come upto you, my throat turns dry I'm tripping on my shoe". The lyrics for me are the biggest turnoff when it comes to this release.

So I may have left you a little torn, "Do I or don't I want to buy this CD???!?" Well to answer that question you have to ask yourself two more: 1)Do I listen to music for the words or the music? and 2) Do I have extra cash to blow? Chances are if you buy this album it will get playtime maybe once every couple months, while the music is good the lyrics could use a major improvement.