Barely Legal review by The Hives

• Released: Jan 1, 1998
The Hives: Barely Legal

This is the early sound of the Hives. Filled with so many fast paced guitar riffs. It is amazing. I bought Tyrannosaurus Hives and thought that was pretty cool. But I didn't know that they had this kind of sound. I it is kind of scratchy, but it is their first record. So you can't blame them for bad recording conditions.

Howlin Pelle voice is amazing. He is always screaming into the mike. It's amazing. It is hard to hear to hear what howlin pelle is singing most of the time. I had to look in the cd case to find the lyrics. But they are good lyrics if you can hear them.

If you want fast pased punk rock music, then this is the cd for you. The longest song is 2:49, so it is all fast. It is a short 27 minute album, but it's all good. The best songs are a.k.a. I-D-I-O-T, Automatic Schmuck, and The King Of Asskicking. Though, I've only had the album for one night. There are probably a lot of other songs I will like. If this album was stolen I would buy it again, and I suggest you all buy yourself a copy.