Tyrannosaurus Hives review by The Hives

• Released: Jul 20, 2004
The Hives: Tyrannosaurus Hives

This is by far the best Hives album yet. It keeps with all the older sounds, like frantic guitar parts and spastic vocals, but the album has a slightly cleaner and more produced feel than their previous album, which I think was an advantage. I think the album feels more powerful than their last album, in songs like 'B Is For Brutus'. Though the Hives probably got most of their recognition when they were grouped with the flux of garage rock revival bands that occured around 2002, they prove with this album that they can really make good albums beyond that.

The Hives lyrics have always been pretty good, with this album included. Their isn't much differece between the quality of these lyrics compared with previous albums, so there isn't much to say.

This compares strongly with all the artists of the 'garage rock revival' craze, and I would strongly recommened buying this album. Some of the best tracks on this album would be 'Walk Idiot Walk', 'Little More For Little You', and 'B Is For Brutus'. However, all the songs are great. If this album got stolen, I would definetly buy it again. If your a fan of the Hives, or are just interested in the garage rock revival thing, I would suggest picking up this record.