Tyrannosaurus Hives review by The Hives

• Released: Jul 20, 2004
The Hives: Tyrannosaurus Hives

As soon as this album is played you know who it is, and that's the hives. Their distinct sound gives you that recognition. No matter how many times I have tried, and no matter how many fxs and amps I've used, I still cannot get that sound. The sound is a cross between really clean and distorted, a great combination. The fuzz effects used, like in B is For Brutus is truly great. The actual music makes you want to jump up and get moving and this is why my band plays the hives live. gives great atmosphere and an extremely good feel to you when you listen to it.

If anyone can sing/scream like Pele and not look like a fool come to me because Pele does what he does and yet isn't taken for a fool. He is nutty and extremely mad but people accept that and don't see it as weird. The lyricsare great, some words I don't even know the meaning of and I'm english (Pele's Swedish). I do agree that you can't make out what's being said half the time but who cares? It fits with the lively jumpy feel the up beat drums and guitar/bass give.

Cannot be compared which is the best thing because bands seem to be doing what other bands are doing and that is wrong but the hives truly have hit the peak of originality. A must. I cannot live without the hives in my ears. Buy any album of theirs. Do it.