Veni Vidi Vicious review by The Hives

• Released: Sep 12, 2000
The Hives: Veni Vidi Vicious

The Hives have their own unique sound that can't be compared to anyone else. The CD is claimed to be punk, but I just think that it's their usual Garage Rock stepped up a notch (as in speed and what not). One thing that would contribute to the punk side of them is that they were signed to Epitah at the time, but I still think that they are garage rock.

The lyrics aren't really a strong point in the music. One reason being that you can barely make out anything that they're singing. But if you look at the lyrics they have their strong points, but they also have multiple weak points. Compared to Tyrannosaurus Hives, the lyrics are better, but still not amazing.

The Hives really outdid theirselves on this CD. Before this one, I bought Tyrannosaurus Hives and was amazed with it. Now I got this one and like it even better then Tyrannosaurus. Since there are so many good ones, I'll say the not so good ones: Find Another Girl, Knock Knock, and Supply and Demand. Otherwise, the CD is all good. Probably the best thing about it is the uniqueness of it all. Like I said before, The Hives can't really compare to any other band out there. If this CD were stolen/lost, I would definately buy it again. I can't live without my Hives.

noodleman123
    Supply and Demand is a brilliant song! and my band plays a lot of hives covers but unfortunately we do not have a vocalist that isn't playing an instrument, only then do you realise how good the lyrics are and how hard they are to perform. reconsider your ratings. GOOD ALBUMS!