Like Vines review by The Hush Sound

• Released: Jun 6, 2006
The Hush Sound: Like Vines

The Hush Sound is a band out of Chicago that was picked up by Decaydance Records in 2005. I had never heard of them until I saw them open for Panic! at the Disco this summer. I was blown away. The main focus is on the tradeoff between guitarist and singer Bob Morris and pianist Greta Salpeter. The music is very positive and upbeat, with only a few slow, sad songs.

All of the lyrics fit perfectly with the music, whether they be a story about the circus (Lion's Roar) or comparing a lost love to a boat (Where We Went Wrong). The lyrics are always upbeat and Bob and Greta's voices fit perfectly with the music. All the members share vocal duties, and they all have really good voices.

The Hush Sound can't really be compared to other artists. The closest I can come to describing them is if Something Corporate added a female singer, but it still isn't close. The most impressive songs are We Intertwined, Where We Went Wrong, and Wine Red. The only bad thing about the album are the slow songs towards the end. They are still great songs, they just feel like fillers. If this CD was stolen I would immediately go out and buy it again.

frothies
    Hush Sounds are just like any other piano-rock bands. Even so, they are f^cking addicting, and rather pleasant to listen to. Most notable song would be "Where We Went Wrong" really.
    AcsticRckr89
    I like the Hush Sound I wouldnt say i love them because its not really wat i usually listen to... i heard bout them from my sis... then saw them at Panic! at The Disco concert... they write and perform great music... and their voices are awesome
    awesomegear16
    Yeah I found them out from my sister too. They are a very good band, Greta's voice is very crisp and clear. On the song Don't Wake Me up they do great vocal duties!
    FozzyMcQueen
    When the guy sings they sound like The Living End, slowed down a lot and change the guitar to a piano, and not quite as good.