Like Vines review by The Hush Sound

• Released: Jun 6, 2006
The Hush Sound: Like Vines

I think the Hush Sound has some really original music. Their songs can either sound bright and up-beat or smooth and slow. Either way, they sound really great. They're not like those bands who just goes around and play their complicated guitar solos. But, the Hush Sound can really play. Their songs have these awesome instrumental parts which sounds really cool.

This band has one of the most awesome lyrics written. Their lyrics are not like, "Yeah life sucks. Yeah! You make me sick" or something like that but they have real meaning. The lyrics fit with the music perfectly and so as Bob and Greta's singing. One of the things I'm most impressed about is how good they perform. I watched their performance and they sound almost exactly like how they sound on their CD, which is really not usual for most bands.

I've never heard any band that sounds like them that's why I think they're really original. I first heard them because my cousin told me to listen to them so I did and I loved them. The most impressive songs on the album is probably Wine Red and We Intertwined. I most especially love Wine Red. I love almost everything about their CD except for one thing. I'm not sure if it's just me but when I listen to Lighthouse, which is a really awesome song by the way, Greta's voice is a bit too sharp (can't explain it very well). It kinda hurts my ears a bit. It's probably just because of the recording or something. If this CD was lost or stolen, I would want to buy one again, but I have no money (my friend just gave me this CD for my bday). That's about it. They're a really good band. Listen to them.