Hot Fuss review by The Killers

• Released: Jun 7, 2004
The Killers: Hot Fuss

The Killers have a great sounding album where they use nice sound effects but they don't overuse them like an '80s pop band, you can still hear the guitars and drums well, and on the subject of guitar and drums, they sound amazing with great riffs and solos. The great sounding songs are well all of them but the best are jenny was a friend of mine, Mr. Brightside, all these things that I've done, andy your a star and glamarous indie rock and roll. You just cant help yourself singing along even if you're on a bus or in public they are such great songs.

My impression of the lyrics are very good, and they tell a story in each song, they are very well constructed and put together in riffs and I think the lead singer has a perfect voice for this kind of music.

This is possibly one of the greatest sounding new bands at the moment and I think that they are very very very under rated. Compared to most of the depressing shouting rock that is out at the moment I think the killers are there to liven you up and you will feel great if you listen to alternate songs from Hot fuss, and the Kaiser Chiefs album emplyment. If my album was lost or stolen I'd buy 2 more for if someone stole it again or I lost it again I would have a spare one. My only bad point about this album is maybe the last few songs which seem as though they were doing a "half assed" job, however they still sound good.

nerk13
    Damn, I guess everyone loves the Killers. That's freakin' awesome. Brandon Flowers and Ronnie Vannucci are the best. All These Things That I've Done is their best song I think. You are right though, WhiteStripeslll, the gospel choir is a little overdone, but it is certainly unique.
    ParticleManTMBG
    The singles are obviously great, as are Jenny Was A Friend of Mine, Smile Like You Mean It and On Top. On Top's synth-riff seems silly at first, but it grows on you.
    A_C_/_D_C
    the killers friggen rock i love em.. i also agree that On Top is the best song on the album i dunno its just so upbeat makes me smile
    Daniel Pearce
    WhiteStripesIII wrote: The Killers are a really good band. I bought their album after seeing them on the telly (OXYGEN FESTIVAL). The best song on the album is On Top... but for some reason on-one else thinks it's the best. I only dislike a few songs (Andy, Your A Star, Everything Will Be Alright and Glamourous Indie Rock and Roll (UK version)). A the singles are good, but I dont think the gospel choir in All These Things That Ive Done is required. WHITE STRIPES RULE!!!
    Hey - wot's so good about the whitestripes! Anyway - i'm getting this album - best songs (That I've Heard) are: Somebody Told Me and Mr.Brightside and On Top.
    nerk13
    Andy You're a Star is really good. Kinda funny, in my opinion.