Hot Fuss review by The Killers

• Released: Jun 7, 2004
The Killers: Hot Fuss

Hot Fuss sounds like nothing heard in quite a long time. It recalls the panicky, paraniod rock of the late 70s due to the driving bass and drums. The album is rather synth heavy, but this techno feel just adds to the already authentic post punk sound. To me, Hot Fuss sounds like nothing ever heard by anyone until now. There are traces of New Order, Joy Division, Depeche Mode, and The Cars all molded into something fantastic and brand new.

Lead Singer Brandon Flowers is not satisfied. The chick he's interested in has a boy friend who looks like a girlfriend ("Somebody Told Me"). He's choking on her alibi's ("Mr. Brightside"). And he's lost a dear friend ("Jenny Was a Friend Of Mine"). His lyrics are raw and passionate, and the boy can sing. Certain glimmers of hope ("Everything Will Be Alright" and "Change Your Mind") stir up images of young men and women trying to make their way through life and enjoy the ride as much as they can. The album is an emotional rollercoaster thanks to Mr. Flowers.

In my opinion, The Kilelrs masterpiece is the album they released after this one; Sam's Town. Yet for the mainstream, Hot Fuss has been their mopst impressive. The super smash hit "Mr. Brightside" was easily one of the biggest songs of the year. My only complaint is that the album falters by the end. The last three songs tend to just take up space, but "Mr. Brightside" "All These Things That I've Done" and "Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine" are three of best songs I've ever heard. "All These Things That I've Done" will stand the test of time and be remembered as the bands true masterpiece.

marcus7string
    WhereArtEsteban wrote: Notoriousdoc wrote: Everything Will Be Alright is so underappreciated I agree, it's my favorite song on this album.
    i agree with agreeing, its one of my favorite songs of all time, and it doesnt sound like a christmas song either!!!