Sam's Town review by The Killers

• Released: Oct 3, 2006
The Killers: Sam's Town

Okay, first off I'd like to say when I got this album, I was very disappointed, but I learned you have to let this one grow on you. The more I listen to this CD now the more I love it. From the beginning "Sam's Town" to "Exitlude" there all amazing (the only iffy is maybe "My List"). The sound since Hot Fuss has changed considerably, but for the good. With what I would say as better lyrics, and better riffs. Also I think it's comical that Ronnie dresses up as Earl Hickey, nice touch.

Brandon Flowers according to myself has an amazing voice, on song likes "Read My Mind" and "Bling (Confession Of A King)" it shines through. The lyrics throughout the album are consistent and all amazing in one way or another. I love the part in "Bling" where brandon sings "Higher and higher, we're gonna take it down to the wire".

This album is 10 times better then Hot Fuss. While the whole album is aazing the songs that really shine through are "Read My Mind", "Uncle Jonny", "This River Is Wild", "When You Were Young", and "Sam's Town". This at the moment is my favorite album and would recommend it to anyone that doesn't mind listening to something different. Hope there will be many more Killers album like this one to come!

Briteless
    foxeyvolume wrote: im not trying to sound like an ***** or anything, but all of these band are just taking what bands like joy division/new order did and making it more poppy, and thats nothing to be proud of nor is it a reason to praise them also on a side not: i would just like to say that indie is NOT a genre, it is the type of label you are on and dont bother changing the meaning, the genre is called brit-pop (and yes i know the killers are from vegas, but they are still making brit-pop) when you call bands like hot hot heat or the arctic monkeys indie as the genre you sound like an ignorant deouche lol
    I've been preaching this shit in my community forever. Some people are just to caught up in the "scene". All in all, I agree highly.
    Triviumfan54
    Learn_to_fly wrote: sams town = awesomeness song solid album. really good.
    Um, no. Sam's town equals crock of s**t. LISTEN TO METAL YOU, LISTEN TO REAL MUSIC, REAL MUUUUUSSSSSIIIICCCC. This stuff is like drinking a glass of tepid water. Metal is like Jack Daniels. Just because they were the first to come out of the repetitive hole that is the indie music genre, doesn't mean they are good.