Sam's Town review by The Killers

• Released: Oct 3, 2006
The Killers: Sam's Town

The sound of The Killers new album, sams town, is amazing, I know it's been out for a while now but there are still some people who think that it isn't as good as Hot Fuss, what I say is just listen, don't compare. The great guitar solos arn't the most difficult or complex, but it just fits in with the rest of the music so well. The mix of synth with the rest of the band is amazing, I know that there areplenty of bands that do this, but most can't do it in the way the killers do it in sams town. The songs also sound amazing live, they are possably the best band at the moment and the music from this album just proves it.

The llyrics in sams town are rraly well put together, they fit in with the music so well. If the music is quite slow, eg. Why Do I Keep Counting. Then the llyrics are moulded to perfection. Brandon Flowers, what can I say, his voice is realy recognisable and you can't say that for many artists these days, he adds little things to the songs and makes it fit, it's so perfect it's untrue.

The Killers have said that this album is better than Hot Fuss because there is a wider range of songs and the music is better and there are better llyrics, it's just insane. I love the fact that most people think it's not as good as hot fuss because it makes it more valuble to the people that do love it, but it annoys me when people just say "No, it's shit, sorry, but it doesn't compare to the brilliance of Hot Fuss." Hot Fuss was/is an amazing debut album and sams town may be different, but it's different in a good way, don't compare the two albums, they are seporate. And it's good that way.

mullet615
    it didn't have to grow on me at all it was great the first time and every other "Uncle Jonny" is the best song ever
    tamnud
    yeah it didnt really have to grow on me at all and to the jerk sayin indie isnt a genre of course it is everyone knows it is indie is just two words now i guess thats like saying metal isnt a genre its a very hard material and all music is borrowed from the generation before everybody does it, thats how music works
    jonnybassman
    Sams town really is a brilliant album. Although it maybe dosent hit the heights of mr.brightside the brilliant standard of the music never goes down. It takes a few listens to really get into it but its worth the time because once you get into it you will really love it. I enjoy every song but the highpoints for me are why do i keep counting and exitlude- absolutely brilliant.
    Thom Yorke
    foxeyvolume wrote: im not trying to sound like an ***** or anything, but all of these band are just taking what bands like joy division/new order did and making it more poppy, and thats nothing to be proud of nor is it a reason to praise them also on a side not: i would just like to say that indie is NOT a genre, it is the type of label you are on and dont bother changing the meaning, the genre is called brit-pop (and yes i know the killers are from vegas, but they are still making brit-pop) when you call bands like hot hot heat or the arctic monkeys indie as the genre you sound like an ignorant deouche lol
    Yes, that's what it used to mean but now it's a genre as well!