Lola vs. The Powerman & The Money-Go-Round, Pt. 1 review by The Kinks

• Released: Nov 27, 1970
The Kinks: Lola vs. The Powerman & The Money-Go-Round, Pt. 1

The first five albums are masterpieces. "Something Else" and "Village Green" are cohesive ensemble pieces; "Face to Face" is a fabulous collection of songs. Note that this is not a ranking; this is just the order in which I recommend buying these gems.

Aside from the gender-bending hit "Lola", the Kinks chug out some great pop-rockers in "Powerman", "Denmark Street" "Top of the Pops" and the scathing shot at the industry, "The Moneygoround". Yet the best moments on the album (arguably of course) come when they slow down the tempo with tracks like "Get Back In Line", "This Time Tomorrow" and my personal favorite "A Long Way From Home". The brothers Davies combine great guitar playing with tight vocals, and nowhere is there a hint of the sloppiness with which they are occasionally accused. Add to this their always clever songwriting and you've got a Kinks classic, which is arguably their finest work.

Well I like this album (funny I don't normal listen to 60's music). Well bye it! I like it.