Inside In Inside Out review by The Kooks

• Released: Feb 7, 2006
The Kooks: Inside In Inside Out

I recieved this album as a birthday present after only hearing one song (Naive) which too be honest, had got on my nerves abit. As soon as the song Seaside came on, I was hooked. The Kooks indie style is very good and they have some very good songs with great sound. Such examples of this are I Want You Back and Matchbox. As well as The Kooks sounding good recording wise, I'd advise to see them live as they are very very good. Songs that bring the album down are Got No Love and Time Awaits. Otherwise, very good.

I'm not usually a guy that focuses on the lyrical side of songs. But Inside In Inside Out has some very good lyrics worth a shout. "But you don't pull my strings, 'Cause I'm a better man, moving on to better things". The lyrics seem basic but with Luke Pritchard's fantastic talent, it makes the song seem complete.

Inside In Inside Out is a great album, with a couple of exceptions to certain songs. A great listen to on a nice sunny day with your mates, if you have any.

Dave_young
    the whole album bar a couple of trax is absolute genius. i luv arctic monkeys, but this album just blows away their debut. how the hell can u say these guys r a 2nd rate razorlight?? the new single is shit i agree.