Inside In Inside Out review by The Kooks

• Released: Feb 7, 2006
The Kooks: Inside In Inside Out

I think that The Kooks have a few very good songs and I'm not sure how they compare to Artic Monkeys I would probably say I like Artic Monkeys more. I think The Kooks are very good at what they do but I think there are better bands out there such as Razorlight or Artic Monkeys. I like the rock/indie style from the kooks I think it's suits the singers voice well. I don't think the kooks have discovered themselves yet as all their songs are about different things and very random. I think their next album should be very promising and I look forward to the day that it comes out (if it comes out).

I love the lyrics on this album, especially on 'Naive' (I know that she knows, I'm not fond of asking, true or false it may be, shes still out to get me), I think that song is brilliant, the singers voice is very distinctive and very enjoyable to listen to. Also I think that 'She Moves In Her Own Way' is very catchy. The lyrics are very simple on it as well, 'I Love Her Because, She Moves In Her Own Way' but the way the lead voclaist sings it makes the song sound so much better. It is definatly a sing along album on most of the songs and I can understand completely how people get hooked on this album even though I think there are better things out there.

I think that the kooks have a real bright future for them and their album was very promising. I wouldn't buy a new one if it got stolen I would much rather spend a day trying to steal it back, much more interesting that way. I think that some of the songs need to be really original and catchy because some of them just bore me. Well done to The Kooks though good work!

Daniel Pearce
    Felkara wrote: No, there's no point comparing these guys to Razorlight becuase they're obviously miles ahead. These guys get my vote - one of teh best albums I've bought this year.
    I agree with u and Dave_young - Razorlight r crap, just cuz dat 1 song they r famous - iz weird init.
    McLellan
    Razorlight = Good Arctic Monkeys = Good The Kooks = Brilliant End of story.
    boredloserkid1
    McLellan wrote: Razorlight = Good Arctic Monkeys = Good The Kooks = Brilliant End of story.
    But The Strokes = Out Of This World
    Daniel Pearce
    top_hat_rocker1 wrote: The album is good, i'll admit the Kooks are probably better songwriters than Arctic Monkeys, but i still prefer the Monkeys because of the lyrics and their attitude, and after Naive, the Kooks album is pretty crap actually. But i dont think theyre a second rate Razorlight, they have a heavy reggae influence, and sound quite like the Police in places (which i'm surprised wasn't mentioned in this article).
    The kooks better than Arctic Monkeys at songwriting??? Are you into rock at all?