The Limit review by The Limit

• Released: Oct 21, 2003
  • Users' score: 9 (1 vote)
The Limit: The Limit

Take Pearl Jam and some Alice In Chains then add an insane amount of energy and you have something that comes close to The Limit. The Limit is a breath of fresh air in a time when the mainstream and underground are ruled by the soft, whiny tones of emo. I heard about this band when one of my friends said they were headlining a show at the local club. After hearing and seeing thier live show I was the first one in line to buy thier album. At times I was left wondering how such sounds were coming from one persons guitar. The bass lines are incredible as well. Todd Grosberg really is the underlying sound to all the songs and they would be nowhere without him. The powerful druming styles of Bob Chimel are reminscent of that of Bonham and Grohl. Absolutely amazing and a must listen for those who love hard rock, grunge, or Zeppelin like sounds.

One thing that really stuck out is Mark Daniel's singing voice. His incredibly powerful vocals alone only add to amazing melodies. The lyrics are great as well. Many songs have some of the most catchy yet, unannoying choruses and are great to sing along to. I'm really not going to dig into the meaning behind what the lyrics mean because I was never told the stories behind them; however, songs like Real, Take Me to the River, and My Street are great.

I usually don't like giving certain bands such a good rating, but The Limit has absolutly earned it. This is one of my top albums out of my huge collection. Some of the best songs on this album are: Don't Look Back, Real, Borderline, My Street, and Take Me to the River. In the highly unplausible situation that this album were lost or stolen I would definately try to replace it.