From Here On In (1997-2004) review by The Living End

• Released: Sep 27, 2004
The Living End: From Here On In (1997-2004)

If you have never heard The Living End before then you are truly missing out my friends. They are undeniably Australians best punk rock band and are particularly known for coming up with great political anthems. All of the songs on this album are great and very original.

The lyrics on this album are defiantly the albums strongest point. As I said before a lot of the tracks are politically motivated but they also cover issues such as relationships ("One Said To The Other"), fed up teens ("Prisoner Of Society") and even the media ("Tabloid Magazine"). The Living End's singer Chris Cheney is very capable at what he does and gives a great performance that flows greatly with the music.

This is a greatest hit CD so I can't say it's their best album but it is definitely one hell of a greatest hits compilation that features all of The Living End's hits plus three new tracks. I believe the most impressive tracks on the album are; "Prisoner Of Society", "All Torn Down", "Second Solution" and "One Said To The Other". If this album were lost or stolen I would definitely go buy it again because it is truly a great CD from one of Australians most underrated band.