Roll On review by The Living End

• Released: Mar 27, 2001
The Living End: Roll On

How can I describe this album in a few paragraphs well two simple words can describe this album kick ass! The Living End have hit it big time. This was the first of their albums I had bought, and I had just bought it recently. I had heard their State Of Emergancy stuff and the song Who's Gonna Save Us?, but I was worried I had made the wrong choice. Fortunatly, I hadn't. The album kicks off with the classic song, Roll On. I was shaken by the loud and raw, "1, 2, 3, 4" at the beginning, but Cheney's great guitar playing relaxed me a little. After three to four minutes of explosive stuff, the album rounds to Pictures In The Mirror. Although I believe this is their least best song on the album, it beats almost anything. Roll On continues with more explosive songs such as Riot On Broadway and Carry Me Home, and it last receded to Blood On Your Hands. A classic mix of hard drumming, sharp guitar and sweet as bass. After that, another three songs follow before it reachs the final song of the album. Not to fear, because the final song, Uncle Harry, will make you laugh, jump up and down and throw things. With the beginning of a bunch of bogans laughing and jeering, until the unexpected, "Whooa!" to kick off the song. The story of an uncle pissing in a bathtub is quite amusing and energizing. Another three minutes later, all the fun is finished, for now. After listening to Roll On, I guarantee you that you will be begging for some more Living End.

Chris Cheney's lyrics on Roll On could not be better. I don't know how he does it. He can solo and sing at the same time, and may I remind you the solos and unbelievably hard. He can write long and complicated lyrics and sing them like hes known them all his life. He is a legend.

Theres no denying it. Great lyrics, great sound and most of all, 14 of the best songs I have ever listened to in my life. After listening to this, I have decided to go to the concert for $50. Yep, thats right. One listen of this and you'll wish you bought a ticket. I guarantee it.