State Of Emergency review by The Living End

• Released: Feb 16, 2006
The Living End: State Of Emergency

Since the last LE album, 'Modern Artillery' the boys have put out a greatest hits collection and have done a series of gigs around Australia promoting State Of Emergency. They keep aussie punk rock alive as this album hits the audience in the face with thier energy and awesome guitar solos. Every single song sounds different from the last and its truly amazing to hear such variety. theres no limit to the singles they could release of this album, and i'm looking forward to the b-sides.

The lryics are up to TLE's standards and continue to impress with tracks like the addictive 'Wake Up'. It's simple yet harrowing lyric "suicidal education, got sold to our generation" sung by the likes of 6 year old kids makes you wanna go out and hit the politians for being such dicks. Chris Cheney has focused on the guitar work of his other LE albums and this time the vocals were the main focus. With bassist Scott providing harmony and this time drummer Andy, joining in on the vocals it's truly a awesome listening experience and fit in with the guitar double bass and kit perfectly.

This album is jsut great. It is personally my favourite TLE album and I am going to buy ti again jsut for the free hour and a half dvd that comes with it here in aus. Every single song makes you wanna mosh your arse off, with more focused moshing on songs like "Whats On Your Radio?" and "Reborn." I have seen them twice in the last 6 months and they dont dissapoint live either. Overall this album just rules and is the best way to kick of a new year. Well done Living End.

osamabanana
    such a good album but they are a live band primarily. seen them live 3 times now and going again soon in aus. it would suck to live in another country that isn't aus cause you wouldn't get 2 see what i think is the bast band out these days
    5ironaudiorage
    Yeah. Im one of those guys who has to live with teh suckiness. I live in the US and ive only seen them once, but they are coming this SUMMER! YES! but i gotta sit thru some gay emo bands, but it will be worth it for the Living End
    Racoons r Evil
    I couldn't have said it better myself! This album definantly better than the bands previous albums in that they have managed to bring out the feel of the band that you can only truly experience seeing them live! I have only ever seen them live once b4 at Live n Local last year, but I have to say that they just had this prescence on stage that the other bands just didn't quite have, it was my first ever concert and I'm sure i'll remember 4eva, it was absolutley amazing!!! I've already got my tix for the upcoming State of Emergency tour, I'm PUMPED and can't wait to see them again!!!