The Living End review by The Living End

• Released: Oct 12, 1998
The Living End: The Living End

This band was one of my favourites, there punky attitude and there catchy hooks captured me. I believe this is there first album?? If not its one of their first albums as it was recorded in 1998. To me this band is punky bluesy rock alternative music, but that's just my opinion. The song West End Riot really stood out to me, I think it was because I was into the whole lets start a riot kinda thing at that point and time. This is my favourite Living End album as their new stuff is crap.

The lyrics are easy to remember and are sung in punchy sentences backed up by a full on explosion of noise. The lyrics are all around the same topic(Pretty protestign against anything.) There were alto of people doing that but Chris Cheney has one of those punk rock voices. Chris Cheney to me is an amazing lyric writer and a great singer for his genre of music.

ALOT of people have said that these guys have similar characteristics to the sex pistols and early green day. I love the song West End Riot and Monday, I hate Prisoner of society its a crap song in my opinion. I love this album for its punky attitude I hate it for having some really gay songs on it. If it were stolen I would buy it again for the majority of the songs on the album. Overall this album is pretty good just some songs let it down a bit.