Colour It In review by The Maccabees

• Released: May 14, 2007
The Maccabees: Colour It In

Though Not Anything Ground Breaking I think the Maccabees sound really good and could be compaired to the a few greats(The Smiths).Some people may not share my opinon but I think most the songs are danceable to except Good old bill.At First I found it hard to listen to some of the songs (Good Old Bill) but I have grew to like it and normaly the songs pop up in my head especialy Mary.Orlando's voice makes the Maccabees them and if it was anyone else who was on vocals I probally wouldn't love them like I do.

I Think the some of the lyrics on the songs are quite heartfelt and bitter (First Love, X-ray Believe it or not). While some are jsut plain fun (Latchmere, About your dress).Most of the songs are quite simple and a bit repetitive though espically latchmere which makes up time by going.

I Hope The 'Bees make more good albums but mabye with a nicer colourful cover because the band are just fun on a cd.If I lost the album yes I would probally buy it agen but I have it on the computer so the robbers can stick it up them. Sorry for the spelling it was rushted.

andrewofhackney
    to the guy who reviewed on of 2007s top albums....learn to spell please...then maybe ill take a miniscule amount of notice to you. thank you.
    CrazyYaz
    LOL! how can you compare them to Editors and Arctic Monkeys? Maccabees have definitely been one of my favourite bands last year and they still impress me. I would give them 9/10
    prt1990
    The first review is utterly terrible and frequently contradicts itself. This is a great album. Orlando has one of the best voices in the world, and that isn't hyperbole.