The Magic Numbers review by The Magic Numbers

• Released: Jun 14, 2005
The Magic Numbers: The Magic Numbers

The overall sound of the album is indie/rock with country influences. Despite the fact that I generally wouldnt go for country influenced music, I love the sound of this album. It's so warm and melodic, it had me addicted from the start. The band consists of two sets of siblings, and the fact that the band have pretty much grown up together comes accross in the album due to the break-downs in every song, that are executed perfectly, and add a satisfying variation to almost every track on the album.

The lyrics are generally fairly uplifiting and love-orientated. However, sometimes the lyrics start to seem a little over-emotional and wet. Overall though, the lead singer and the backing singers' harmonies are brilliant.

I think this album is completely original. there is nothing like it around at the moment, and for that I love it. Some of the tracks are just amazing due to the constant flowing harmonies and breakdowns. If it were stolen, I would definately re-buy it. It's one of those albums that takes a little work to get into, but after that, you can listen to every track without skipping.