De-Loused In The Comatorium review by The Mars Volta

• Released: Jun 24, 2003
The Mars Volta: De-Loused In The Comatorium

When you read reviews, some bands are referred to as a mix between Mars Volta and (insert band name here). Well here it is. The Mars Volta De-Loused in the Comatorium review by me. Mars Volta is a band that has a left handed guitarist, and he is fast. There is no other word to describe it, but fast. While this music scares some people because it could easily fit into a horror film, after you listen to a few tracks and kind of pick out the other instruments and focus only on the guitar, you realize that he is going about 40 or 50 bpm faster than the other instruments, other than the drums, which occasionally catch up with him. The Music is awesome.

For some people the lyrics are hard to pick out, because of their singer "is so bad." I think their singer fits into the band with his more high pitched voice, it completes the band sound. The lyrics fit in with the music so well, you don't have to know what he's singing. The songs don't have near ten seconds in between them, and the album flows very well. The first time I listened to the cd, I listened to track one, or Son Et Lumiere, and it ended with out me knowing it, and flowed right into track two, or Inertiatic Esp, and I looked down and saw that I was halfway through the second song, not the first, that's how much the album flows.

This album sits on top of my cd rack, if not in my cd player. I love this cd, and if it were lost, I would definitely buy it again. What I love about this cd is how the sound of all the instruments and the vocalist put together make one great sound. This happens a lot, I think that's why we like cd's, is because we like the overall sound, not just the guitar lick or the lyrics, it's how the instruments and vocalist agree with each other.