De-Loused In The Comatorium review by The Mars Volta

• Released: Jun 24, 2003
The Mars Volta: De-Loused In The Comatorium

First off, let me say this. You will never find any other band with the same sound as the Mars Volta. I have searched and listened to literally hundereds of progressive/art rock albums and never found anything like it. Omar Rodriguez (guitarist) is like a modern day, progressive Jimi Hendrix. If you don't like it, chances are it's too complicated for you.

Cedric Bixler (Singer/Songwriter), writes such innovative lyrics, that you have to almost decipher what they mean. Half the time it just sounds like nonsense if you don't really listen. And I mean really listen. The album is the story of Cerpin Taxt. He shoots up and almost overdoses, the ambulance takes him into the hospital, and he falls into a coma where you audibly live out his dreams via the album. In the end, he wakes up and jumps off a bridge. Cedrics singing is like another instrument, it's so beautiful.

This album is perfect. Not a bad moment. I could listen to it on repeat constantly, every day, and never get tired of it. All the songs are great, because they all flow so perfectly into each other. If it were stolen I would kill the person who stole it, and if it were lost I would buy it again immediatly.