Frances The Mute review by The Mars Volta

• Released: Mar 1, 2005
The Mars Volta: Frances The Mute

These guys are definetely the future of prog-rock as Guitar World Mag will agree with me. Omar Rodriguez-Lopez is a true genius. I picked up this cd from a friends' recomendation and I have yet to take it out of my stereo. The feel that the music gives you is empty but yet so full of emotion. You can't describe the feeling it gives you in one word. With a great acoustic piece to begin and end in album, these guys are definetely making their way into the big times fast. With Spanish lyrics and english, The Mars Volta, are a band that is worth throwing your classics away for. Electronica, techno, rock, foreign, progressive, experimental, instrumental, jazz, the genre is simply to big. This cd is a powerhouse of emotions. With 15 minute songs leaving you thinking, "How long can this masterpiece go on?" the Mars Volta will leav you stunned with their sound and energy.

Spanish singers have a reputation of their own, as having great vocal ranges and putting you in that state of mind that makes you want to dance. Cedric Bixler-Zavala will make you get out of your car at the red light and do the cha cha at the 4-way. Tight jeans and tattoo's are coming back into style when the general public gets a hold of this one. The album isn't packed with lyrics but the music alone "Speaks" for itself.

The Mars Volta have a show at the Electric Factory coming up soon, buy the CD, and go out and support the future of rock/electronica. Omar and Cedric will rock your world from the first track until the last. Do yourself a favor and give these guys a shot. Once you do, tell all your friends because these guys deserve the recognition.