Frances The Mute review by The Mars Volta

• Released: Mar 1, 2005
The Mars Volta: Frances The Mute

The Mars Volta can and has been called many things but if anything being said is true about them, it would have to be the fact they they are the most origanal band ever, period. To label them as a style I would have to say proggesive/indie/salsa but that isn't really saying much, they are their own style. If there is a story to this album then it escapes me, but I think it has something to do with a diary that one of the Mars Volta's friends found (this is what I hear). Basically this is the most origonal album I have ever heard and boy, is it good.

Most of the lyrics in this song are in Spanish, but you dont have to speak the language to appreciate the beauty of the lyrics on this album. The lyrics fit perfectly in the mood with the music and it all flows together. The singer is very, very skilled and has a really different voice, nothing like I have ever heard.

There is no overall most impressive song on the album although I do like L'Via L'Viaquez alot. This band is very reminesent of Pink Floyd (the best band ever, so how can these guys be bad?) and however long the songs are, they will keep you coming back for more listens. Some people may be annoyed by the "noises" in this album such as the birds chirping in the begginging of the song Miranda, That Ghost Just Isn't Holy Anymore, but if these people can't appreciate how well it goes along with the rest of the song and the album then it is their problem. In closing, I highly recommened buying this album, espcially if you enjoyed Tremulent or De-Loused. The Mars Volta are the most original, talented band of recent years and of you dont hear these guys, your missing out.