The Bedlam In Goliath review by The Mars Volta

• Released: Jan 29, 2008
The Mars Volta: The Bedlam In Goliath

Wow the sounds on this album are explosive. Great music to listen to anytime for me or anyone who likes fast paced music. It drops right into fast hard hitting music from the beginning of the CD to the end. But not all the songs are completly fast paced, some have acoustic intro and lower end-of-the-scale speed on them. It also has a very latin feel to it in some songs and mixes other genres and styles in others. The Mars Volta really hit it off with this CD.

The lyrics are impressive too. If you've listened to the other Albums by The Mars Volta you'll know that the lyrics are composed of very confusing and complex words sometimes mixed with Spanish phrases. I'd say that Omar has a very complex vocabulary. The vocal range of Omar's voice is amazing. His style is very complicated and strange without the effects!

This album is amazing, so amazing that I would very well buy another one to replace it. I love the fact that this album has so many variating styles, effects, and sounds. If you like music with crazy changing sounds and styles then this is the album for you; or if you just flat out like The Mars Volta then you would already know what I'm talking about and already have this CD! Impressive tracks: Goliath, Aberinkula, Metatron, Wax Simulacra, and Agadez. These are the hooking tracks on the album (to me anyway). They all have hooks all throughout the songs and will drag you into the song. These songs have tons of emotion and feeling in them. For lack of a better word this album is great.