Let's Face It Review

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones: Let's Face It
Released: Mar 11, 1997
Genre: Ska Punk
Label: Mercury Records
"Let's Face It" is the fifth album by American ska-core band The Mighty Mighty Bosstones.
 8.9
 9.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Let's Face It Reviewed by: killgore1223, on june 16, 2015

Sound: The sound of this album is crisp and clear! Even the sound effects will sound so clean you can eat the waves emitting from your headphones! Though yes sometimes the singers vocals (Dicky Barret) will go over the music itself, or guitar will op but like once or twice. It's a fantastic work they've done on the album. The sound is ska-core and was made back in 1997 during the Golden Age of third wave ska! I think this album was the game changer of ska and was something completely different than what most artists where trying to do, and thats stick too close to 2tone ska. // 9

Lyrics: The songs written in this album are still relevant today and make you even think sometimes of friends and family who relate to the music. Some songs start sounding like your going to just kick back with a nice beat, then smacks a bada-s guitar rift in your face! Such a bada-s twist with lyrics and guitar! Now like "Royal Oil." That's what happens. Makes your hair stick up. Dicky Barret sings fantastic and writes some very deep and true lyrics. His gravelly voice is original and definitely gives off the tough side of what people think is a more upbeat genre. // 10

Overall Impression: I think this is a fantastic and amazing album! I listened to it in my middle school days, loved it, my highschool days, loved it! I'm 18 now and I freaking love it! The songs all are unique and different in there own way. Very original and all of the songs will even give you a hint of nostalgia of "the good ol days" for me that was middle school and some of highschool. And no wonder this went so high in charts! Songs like "Noise Brigade," "The Rascal King," "The Impression That I Get," "Numbered Days," all just fantastic songs that will have all of you and your friends singing and dancing to a band and songs that like me, will make you smile huge! // 10

Comments