In Search Of The Lost Chord review by The Moody Blues

• Released: Jan 1, 1968
The Moody Blues: In Search Of The Lost Chord

This album is the Moodies first really in depth psychedelic/inidan/rock/acid rock album. It really explores the 1968 experimental stuff. The band mastered 33 instruments to do this album. And they all right lyrics. The guitar work is soft and soothing, the bass rides perfectly with Ray Thomas's flute which they are also soothing and the drums, phenominal. This album has a more soft psychedelic feel almost as if you are in a transe. The music only stops twice: once in between House Of Four Doors part II and Voices In The Sky, and another for the ending of course. The drums flow perfectly as one of the key instruments in this record.

Ray Thomas, and Mike Pinder both have mesmerising baritone vocals. Johne Lodge has more of an alto. and Justin Hayward's soothing tenor has a soft sound to it. Lyrics: mesmerising. It's like I said almost like your in a transe. Flow perfect with the music they each write their own songs and I think they all sing their own songs.

This record is very ground breaking. It's wonderful. If I lost it I would definetly buy it again. Legend Of A Mind is the best Moody Blues song ever made! This record is a must have for any Moody Blues or Pink Floyd lover!

guitarman108
    I think the Moody Blues are one of the best acid rock bands ever
    steven.levee
    Only through the first 7 albums...NOT including Go Now. Best band ever until Pinder left:! Not bad at all after that, but...a HUGE part was missing after that.
    steven.levee
    & I've seen them 30 times since 1975...stopped in 2003 though...JUstin was singing White Christmas & Ray was dancing a jig to Eyes of a Child part 2...absolutely comical.
    nyzki
    My guy and I were lucky enough to have seen the Moody blues in concert in Eugene Or last mo. It was one of the most phenominal concerts that I have ever had the pleasure to see. And sadly after this tour is done they will not be touring again.
    kttunstallator3
    i just picked this lil' album up at a borders store...ohh pure meltin' in yer ears!!! great band, moody blues. also try To Your Children's Children's Children, Seventh Sojourn, Every Good Boy Deserves Favour, and Question of Balance.
    Powerageman
    Ya. All albums starting from "Days of Future passed" to "Seventh Sojourn" are just great!
    swave75
    Moody Blues just one of those bands who don't really have on bad album.