Empty Bottles, Broken Hearts review by The Murder City Devils

The Murder City Devils: Empty Bottles, Broken Hearts

This band has great, fun guitar leads and rhythms, reggae esque bass lines, spontaneous drum beats, and slightly depressing organs, but what truly makes this band special, are the howls and burst of alcoholic depression, from spencer moody. The lead pipes for the group. Atop of the turtle slow "Dear Heart" to the moderate rock rebellion anthem "Another Round On You" Moddy whines in a way that dose not de masculate him, but make him seem like an honest preacher, for the music, and the fans of rock.

The beautiful voice of Spencer, fits perfectly with the music, which slightly reminds me of new Orleans. In the songs are tales of heartbreak, living on the streets, the death of a legend johnny tunders, and other stuff similar to this. Through his crys in harmony with the organ riffs can you feel a true since of depression, and know where he comes from. While the lyrics are not revolutionary, they certainly are different, and effecting.

This album is to different to be compared to anything else, and if stolen I would buy a new one, but still track down the asshole who stole it, and beat the hell out of him for stealing my original CD. And I'm a Pacific. Just buy this CD folks. It's f--kin' magic.

dhoyft
    man this band really needs more fans. they are (were) so great.