The Music review by The Music

• Released: Sep 2, 2002
The Music: The Music

This is the first album from the northern rockers, The Music. I bought this after buying their second album Welcome To The North, which was amaizng, so I was't expecting anything better. I presumed wrong I tell ye. It's a great rocking album full of some brillaint riffs and dancy beats which will egt you head abngin anytime. 01. The Dance - a good start becuase it is a mix of the different types of songs on the album. Some great bass riffs with ceering vocals but a really atmospheric pressence. 02. Take The Long Road And Walk It - a good song. Not my favourite but it certantly has a great rythm and really well composed. 03. Human - a quieter and slower track at the begining which really hits you with some crying vocals. Gradually bulids up to a powerful ending. 04. The Truth Is No Words - you will not find this sogn anywhere else. One of the best sogns on the album. It just rocks the whole way with a wiked guitar riff. The vocals are very advernturous just chanting the words The Truth Is No Words. 05. Float - doesn't stand out to me, but a really pounding beat and a wierd guiatry thingy which in some ways is kidna freaky. 06. Turn Out The Light - a break from the powerful rockin anthems. Probebly now my favourite song on the album. It is so atmospheric and has such a great feeling to it. I can never stop singing this song, it's so easy to get in to. 07. The People - if I ever got to see this band play a gig, this is the song I would look forward to most. Has a great pounding beat which you just have to dance to, and the singing is again adventurous and works really well. Some great guitar effects give this a really unique sound which I love. 08. Getaway - a really powerful song which you will be singing all the way home (from somewhere). Brilliant bulid ups to the massive choruses and a great wailing scream which works so wellas an instrument. 09. Disco - a very varied song, which is just like a jam session in which they fitted eveything they could think of, which they hadn't used already. 10. Too High - a typical endng song. A quiet a subdued beginign which slowly builds up more and more the the crescendo which just rocks out for a while and then finishes. A great last song which elaves you just wanting that little bit more.

This is probebly oen of the ebst vocalists you will come across with the largest vocal range you will hear. From the screaming of Getaway all the way to the more speak singing of Float. It's a killer to sing along to sometimes but it's just so catchy. The lyrics can involve a lot of words which don't actually exist, or atleast sound like they don't, so it can be very interesting. The lyrics fit amazingly with the music and they almost use his voice as an extra instument for the backing music.

This is defintely their best album out at this point in time. I can't really compare them with another artist becase they really are a unique finding. The best songs have to be: Turn Out the Light, Getaway, The People and Human. In my opinion. I love the fact that there is such a good mix of slower and rockier songs and each song itself has a very varied layout so you it's always an interesting listen.