Coup review by The New Regime

• Released: Nov 18, 2008
The New Regime: Coup

To me, I think that The New Regime have a Muse vibe to them. Which is shown on the song Time Erase, which is all piano and vocals. The album also resembles Led Zeppelin, Queen and The Beatles at times. Iian Rubin has accomplished a lot in his 11 years of experience being in the music business and only being 20 years old. This proves that age and success don't matter. The sound of the album is relaxed, it's something you can listen to at any time of day: you could fall asleep listening and put on in the morning when you are eating breakfast. I am not sure if there is much of a story to go along with the lyrics.

The lyrics are great; they are meaningful and well written. The lyrics are very dark which suits the music. The album is dark so the lyrics have to fit the music. The piano gives an eerie sound to the music. The lyrics seem to be based around loss and loosely around hate. Also they are about getting up and facing the world, no matter what you have done. So I guess it is a little triumphant at times.

I would compare this album to Muse. The Origin Of Symmetry era. I believe that the most impressive songs off the album are Time Erase for it's beauty and exclusion of a backing band, Tap Dancing In A Minefield for it's use of a more complex guitar solo and complicated intro and The Collapse because it is just such a great album opener. I love everything about this album, although it could have more songs on it. But then what would I be waiting for? I would just have it all at once, I would rather wait. Also it should have been released on CD not just a digital release. If I lost this album I would buy it again straight, there's no point doubting it. It's such a great album and I think everyone should have a listen of it.