Nuclear. Sad. Nuclear. review by The Number Twelve Looks Like You

• Released: Jun 7, 2005
The Number Twelve Looks Like You: Nuclear. Sad. Nuclear.

The Number Twelve looks Like You's sound is pure amazing. They mix fast beat tempos and guitar solos with their signature Mathcore high pitch screaming sound. The best part about this album is how the band incorporated soft mellow music with their hardcore sound and feel. The type of music styles incorporated include some jazzy like tunes at the beginning and end of the song "An Aptly Fictional Description".

The lyrics are hard to understand during their songs (they scream most of the time). But when You look at their lyrics they're kind of confusing and they kinda lack a story behind them. Their lyrics keep a steady beat with the music so it fits. But overall the lead vocals is very good and has a talented scream. Even the backup vocals doing the lower death metal-like screams does a good job of blending himself into the song.

My overall impression of this album is very good. I think sound-wise The Number Twelve sounds great for it's category but I think some bands like Drop Dead Gorgeous are a little better. I love the hardcore feel of this band and I would listen to them any time I have time to.

electric7
    The Number Twelve looks Like You's sound is pure amazing.
    dear god, A) grammer (B) they are not. trust me.
    JoNnHannah
    PAsistem wrote: i love #12's cover of My Sharona
    That was lame. I used to be into this style of music but everything sounds the same and I can't pick out the best bands because they all imitate each other. That aside, I do love seeing this stuff live. Go figure...
    xxnumber12fanxx
    whom ever reviewed this is crock the number 12 is in no way a comparison to a untalented group of emo's trying to get famous off of what ever the mainstream wants from the underground scene th number 12 s one of the most talented and original bands since depeche mode this rating is a disgrace
    xnirvanax924
    inefficiency wrote: We really need some people who graduated high school to write some reviews...
    hahahahaha
    69.so.fine
    electric7 wrote: The Number Twelve looks Like You's sound is pure amazing. dear god, A) grammer (B) they are not. trust me.
    A) Grammar with two A's B) Respect other people's opinions
    AlexiIsGod
    upon your recommendation i downloaded this album. I must admit this is close to, if not the worst cd ive ever listened to, i honestly and truly wish i could have these 15 minutes back, the guitar tone was dreadful, the tempo changes were uncalled for, and rather disorienting, the songs were the least musical "songs" i had ever heard, and the singers voice sounded as if he were a grizzly bear that just inhaled helium
    boomyouscream
    the number twelve is NOT grindcore nor hardcore they are progressive/math-core but heavy as well similar to the fall of troy or fear before the march of flames this review is garbage and most of you commenting have no idea what you are talking about.
    xatomdoesntlie
    how can you honestly compare the number 12 with drop dead gorgeous. not only that, but to say that drop dead gorgeous is better makes you sound like a complete retard. the drummer, guitarist, and vocalist for the the number 12 have more talent then anyone from drop dead goreous. especially if you wanna compare drums.
    Lambda
    this band doesn't sound awesome...so im thinking its faux grindcore
    Holocaust Angel
    vIsIbleNoIsE : "The Number Twelve Looks Like You"? wtf kinda band name is that
    They got it off of The Twilight Zone. Personally, I think The Number Twelve is too heavy for gay little scenesters. And, Deadeye, the hardcore kids your talking about are just as bad as the "emo" kids you also describe.
    GeekStinkBreath
    The Extremist^ wrote: depeche mode talented hahaha
    If you don't think Depeche Mode is talented, then you are ****ing retarded.
    Deadeye_X7
    haha, girl pants... it's true. Hardcore kids = emo kids saying "i don't cut my wrists, i just bash into other people flailing around like an idiot to feel alive."
    Craigo
    I love the hardcore feel of this band
    To reviewer: Go check out Down To Nothing, Bane, Champion, Betrayed - THAT'S hardcore. This is a mediocre album at it's best, the previous one was better.
    The Number twelve aren't grind.
    HavokStrife
    electric7 wrote: The Number Twelve looks Like You's sound is pure amazing.
    Well yeah, that's what every shmuck in a pair of girl's pants calls any grindcore band. It doesn't mean anything, actually it's kind of why I refuse to call any kick ass band 'amazing.' Grindcore bands need to sue each other over using the same exact damn blast beat in every single song ever until they're all broke and fall off the face of the earth or something. It's so hard to find real, good music with the sheer amount of this garbage around and the unbelievable amount of idiots that actually like it.. Listen to real music, by a real band, that knows how to write lyrics that make sense, songs that are longer than 60 seconds, and come up with bands names slightly better than said band name, I don't care enough to type it all out...
    The Extremist^
    [quote][/th number 12 s one of the most talented and original bands since depeche mode this rating is a disgrace] depeche mode talented hahaha