Nuclear. Sad. Nuclear. review by The Number Twelve Looks Like You

• Released: Jun 7, 2005
The Number Twelve Looks Like You: Nuclear. Sad. Nuclear.

As far as sound goes, it's great. On the Nuclear.Sad.Nuclear. album they get a lot more intricate with some of their sounds, they use different methods than before, and they really harmonize vocals between the two screamers. However, they took a "lighter" turn with the album than the 'Put On Your Rosey Red Glasses' album, and I've heard a lot of stuff about "Oh, they're turning into just another emo/screamo band" and "they don't play as good of music anymore" but I don't think that's true. They're still using that 'hardcore' base, but they add in lighter stuff and switch things around more. And it works for them, they make it sound really good. I like where they are going with they're music, and I don't get why anyone wouldn't. They're keeping that 'hardcore' mentality, and adding in some lighter riffs and getting deeper into things.

I have no clue where thay came up with some of these lyrics on this album. You listen to some of it (or read some of it, if you can't understand) and it just doesn't make sense a lot of the time. Especially for "Like A Cat" they more or less just ramble. Great song, and they sound good in it, but lyricswise, mostly rambling. However as far as it goes for how they put the songs together (lyrics to music, screamer to screamer) it's great beyond anything. And another thing, while we're on "Like A Cat", why did you re-record it guys? It was so much better before on the EP.

My overall impression on this album, is great work tntllu. The music is easy to listen to, was put together great, and makes you think. It's the kind of stuff where you listen to it once and it won't get stuck in your head, but you'll want to listen to it enough times until it does get stuck in your head. A lot of dynamics with the sound of everything in almost every song, and I can't wait to hear they're next album (which is being recorded right now). This is my favorite, band, and my favorite album. I love everything about it, except the lyrics could make a little more sense.

foxboxes
    boomyouscream wrote: the number twelve is NOT grindcore nor hardcore they are progressive/math-core but heavy as well similar to the fall of troy or fear before the march of flames this review is garbage and most of you commenting have no idea what you are talking about.
    seriously what he said..
    s_o_mercury
    69.so.fine wrote: electric7 wrote: The Number Twelve looks Like You's sound is pure amazing. dear god, A) grammer (B) they are not. trust me. A) Grammar with two A's B) Respect other people's opinions
    Hahaha OWNED!
    flaccid james
    the last cd was better.. but the "schmuck" who plays guitar is very talented. but i agree their lyrics are worth ignoring
    ksmalls
    im not sayin that alot of "emo/hardcore" kids arent gay(in the pejorative sense) but to label a kid who listens to that music as a suicidal loser who fancys wrist cutting is pretty lame and ignorant. ive listened to plenty of emo/screamo music and none of my friends or i wanted to kill ourselves or talk about how much we hate life. plus id rather be a depressed emo kid than some faggy metal/goth kid who talks about satan and how metal stuff is (stereotype).
    DiminishedtoMe
    I must say that The Number Twelve Looks Like You was pretty grindcore on their 1st album. Even though they have strayed from that in the later albums, I still enjoy the band immensely. One thing has been bothering me though, why does one of the singer's scream sound very grindcore-ish in Put on Your Rosy Red Glasses, but then on their later albums both of the singers screams sound the same? Was their a singer change or just a change in style?
    legatobebop
    boomyouscream : the number twelve is NOT grindcore nor hardcore they are progressive/math-core but heavy as well similar to the fall of troy or fear before the march of flames this review is garbage and most of you commenting have no idea what you are talking about.