Nuclear. Sad. Nuclear. Review

artist: The Number Twelve Looks Like You date: 04/02/2007 category: compact discs
The Number Twelve Looks Like You: Nuclear. Sad. Nuclear.
Release Date: Jun 7, 2005
Label: Eyeball
Genres: Post-Hardcore, Grindcore, Punk Revival
 8.9
 8.4
 9.3
Nuclear. Sad. Nuclear. Reviewed by: yosefgamble, on march 15, 2007

Sound: The Number Twelve looks Like You's sound is pure amazing. They mix fast beat tempos and guitar solos with their signature Mathcore high pitch screaming sound. The best part about this album is how the band incorporated soft mellow music with their hardcore sound and feel. The type of music styles incorporated include some jazzy like tunes at the beginning and end of the song "An Aptly Fictional Description". // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are hard to understand during their songs (they scream most of the time). But when You look at their lyrics they're kind of confusing and they kinda lack a story behind them. Their lyrics keep a steady beat with the music so it fits. But overall the lead vocals is very good and has a talented scream. Even the backup vocals doing the lower death metal-like screams does a good job of blending himself into the song. // 4

Overall Impression: My overall impression of this album is very good. I think sound-wise The Number Twelve sounds great for it's category but I think some bands like Drop Dead Gorgeous are a little better. I love the hardcore feel of this band and I would listen to them any time I have time to. // 9

Nuclear. Sad. Nuclear. Reviewed by: hellahella321, on april 02, 2007

Sound: As far as sound goes, it's great. On the Nuclear.Sad.Nuclear. album they get a lot more intricate with some of their sounds, they use different methods than before, and they really harmonize vocals between the two screamers. However, they took a "lighter" turn with the album than the 'Put On Your Rosey Red Glasses' album, and I've heard a lot of stuff about "Oh, they're turning into just another emo/screamo band" and "they don't play as good of music anymore" but I don't think that's true. They're still using that 'hardcore' base, but they add in lighter stuff and switch things around more. And it works for them, they make it sound really good. I like where they are going with they're music, and I don't get why anyone wouldn't. They're keeping that 'hardcore' mentality, and adding in some lighter riffs and getting deeper into things. // 9

Lyrics: I have no clue where thay came up with some of these lyrics on this album. You listen to some of it (or read some of it, if you can't understand) and it just doesn't make sense a lot of the time. Especially for "Like A Cat" they more or less just ramble. Great song, and they sound good in it, but lyricswise, mostly rambling. However as far as it goes for how they put the songs together (lyrics to music, screamer to screamer) it's great beyond anything. And another thing, while we're on "Like A Cat", why did you re-record it guys? It was so much better before on the EP. // 8

Overall Impression: My overall impression on this album, is great work tntllu. The music is easy to listen to, was put together great, and makes you think. It's the kind of stuff where you listen to it once and it won't get stuck in your head, but you'll want to listen to it enough times until it does get stuck in your head. A lot of dynamics with the sound of everything in almost every song, and I can't wait to hear they're next album (which is being recorded right now). This is my favorite, band, and my favorite album. I love everything about it, except the lyrics could make a little more sense. // 10

Comments