Americana review by The Offspring

• Released: Nov 16, 1998
The Offspring: Americana

I love the variety which is a usual with the offspring. From a more depressing song like "Have You Ever" or "End Of The Line" to more light-hearted songs like "Pretty Fly For A White Guy". This was supposedly the song that got people likeing Offspring after the change in music style from hardcore punk to everything. I bought this cd and 4 others and I've got about 10 minutes on the others while I have about 5 hours listened to on this cd.

I still laugh at "Pretty Fly For A White Guy". The lyrics are pure Offspring instead of songs that talk about themselves creating problems, Offspring talks about hating the problems. 01. Welcome - no comment. 02. Have You Ever - alot of comparison between me and the song, it's great I give it a 5. 03. Starin' At The Sun - great tunes great lyrics what else can I say give it a 5. 04. Pretty Fly For A White Guy - funny song with a catchy guitar. Like the fast paced singing. Give it a 5. 05. The Kids Arent Alright - one of the greatest song on the cd. Give it a 5. 06. Feelings - not too into this song ive only listened to it once or twice. Give it a 2 07. Shes Got Issues - funny and true. Give it a 4. 08. Walla Walla - song degrading going to jail instead of a song talking about jail. Give it a 5. 09. End Of The Line - loved this mopst depressing song ive ever heard. Shows there is love in the music career. Give it a 5. 10. No Brakes - didn't care for this one either. Give it a 3. 11. Get A Job - like the island theme. Truest song ive ever heard. Give it a 5. 12. Americana - describes the world perfectly. Give it a 4. 13. Pay The Man - a bit odd but good. Give it a 4.

I enjoy this cd very much. I would definitley buy it again.