Americana review by The Offspring

• Released: Nov 16, 1998
The Offspring: Americana

In my opinion this is the Offspring's best album to date. First impressions are important and my first impression of this band was just amazing. They are such a great punk-pop-rock band. They have awesome riffs which are quite catchy so you might want to learn some of their songs on this album. They use Ibanez guitars which might not be my favorite but this isn't a review on their guitars. The words are catchy and all round this is an amazing album. Their best.

I really like the lyrics. Half of the songs you will feel like you can relate to which will give you an attachment to the album which is awesome. Dexter Holland has awesome voice; none of that I hope I sound like a girl crap I guess the word I'm looking for is unique. Dexter's voice comes in right in time for the songs like in 'Starring at the Sun' overall impression, awesome an easy 10.

Like I said before this is the best Offspring album yet. They're bringing out a new album but I bet it won't be able to take this album on. The most impressive songs for me have to be, Staring At The Sun, Pretty Fly (For A White Guy), The Kids Aren't Right, Walla Walla, No Brakes, Why Don't You Get A Job?, Americana. Also the tracks not mentioned in this album aren't bad either. These just stand out to me. I love the feel you get from these guys, the sound. It's original. They are an amazing band. I would defiantly buy it again if it was lost or stolen it's just so good.