Americana review by The Offspring

• Released: Nov 16, 1998
The Offspring: Americana

The Offspring are one of today's greatest pop/punk rock artists. Americana, nearing almost 10 years since its release has still proven itself to be better than all the crappy "punk" bands out on the scene today. On Americana, They bring melodic vocals, tight and scratchy riffs to exotice riffs (Pay The Man), and fast (ex. Americana, No Brakes) to "Groovy" (She's Got Issues, Pay The Man) drum beats. Dexter, Noodles, Greg, and Ron really bring out a unique and unforgettable style to this CD.

Something the Offspring have always excelled in. Dexter's lyric style varies from songs about society (Americana), depression (The End of the Line), to even a song about a poser white guy (Pretty Fly). No matter the song, expect great lyrics in any of them.

This album can compare and probably beat most albums out there. It is definitely the best Offspring CD so far (not Greatest Hits and the fact that I can't speak for the new one that's being made) there's really nothing on this album that I hate. As you can see I like every song on this album. No song on this album is bad let alone second rate. I recommend this CD to people before buying greatest hits. In my opinion every song on this is equivalent to a hits list. If this was stolen I would steal his wallet so I could buy it again, cut him up into little pieces and feed him to pigs. This album is that great.

tommilee
    good alnum not as good as conspiriacy of one and a few songs on Splinter (Lightning Rod , The Noose & Long way Home. lookin 4ward to the new album!
    daddy_warbux
    Americana is a really good album but is it anything compared to Smash and their debut?
    jhooves
    This is an awesome album, my offspring favorite. Does it really need 9 reviews though? lol
    Donovant22
    I'd say they're third best album after Smash and Ixnay. Pretty Fly is just great, Kids aren't Alright is a pretty good song (with the name a parody of a great Who song), and the whole album is really good.
    C.O.B.
    This is dephonatly their best album. I have no dooubt that this can compare to Nirvana's Nevermind though I think Nevermind is better.