Conspiracy of One review by The Offspring

• Released: Nov 14, 2000
The Offspring: Conspiracy of One

Conspiracy of One is one of the best cds the Offspring have put out. I really enjoyed songs like "Original Prankster," "Milion Miles Away" and "Vultures". I also liked the experimenting as far as the love song "Denial, Revisited". It's not everyday that you see an alternative rock band singing about heartache. I thought that was daring. I also enjoyed the song "Living in Chaos". I have no idea what it's about, but it was great.

The lyrics were great. I loved the ones in Denial, Revisited (as I said earlier) and Dammit I Changed Again. They were very well done. Also "Million Miles Away," which is partly about Dexter's late wife. "I long to be home silently lying next to her..." that's a really sad line. I loved it. Dexter's voice is totally amazing and he is totally not given credit enough for his talent.

Overall this album is great. I love just about every single song on it. Although many people don't like this album because it's too "pop". I thought it was a well done record. As always - more power to the Offspring!