Conspiracy of One review by The Offspring

• Released: Nov 14, 2000
The Offspring: Conspiracy of One

After a big sucess with Americana, The Offspring needed to release an even better follow up. So, rather than stick rigidly to their traditional punk style, they decided to blend in a few mainstream rock elements into Conspiracy Of One, such as not using power chords for everything. And it worked amazingly! Conspiracy Of One is probably the 2nd best Offspring album out there next to Americana, which is incredible for something that was pretty experimental. The sound vaires well from song to song, and keeps you coming back for more.

Ah, the lyrics in this album are the shit. Dexter has a great voice and he sure knows how to use it. Like Americana, there're some songs that'll have you blinking back tears (e.g. Million Miles Away), and others will have you laughing your ass off (e.g. Original Prankster). I don't know how these guys come up with the lyrics for their songs, but I hope they keep it up, 'cause you won't find many better.

As I said before, this is probably their 2nd best album next to Americana. Even though it broke away out of their usual style a bit, it's still amazing. Apart from 'All Along', it's a pretty consistent album, and it's got some songs that really dish it out i.e. Million Miles Away, Original Prankster, Conspiracy Of One etc. If I thought anyone was going to steal it, I'd buy another copy of it, so that when the person stole it, they could be enlightened too. That doesn't include you.