Greatest Hits review by The Offspring

• Released: Jun 21, 2005
The Offspring: Greatest Hits

The Offspring's music has always sounded good and this CD has compiled the best songs in 14 great tracks. Dexter and Noodles are both creative and entertaining guitarists. The only bad thing is (like most punk bands) that they use mostly power chords. I guess that doesnt really matter because they still make it sound good. The new single "Can't Repeat" is one of the best Offspring songs I have ever heard. The songs picked were probably the best songs that you could choose for a greatest hits CD, but I was disappointed when I discovered that there was no songs from "Ignition." What is with that? I was expecting a revise of "LAPD" or "Dirty Magic." This didn't really bring the enjoyment level of the cd down though.

Dexter is one of my favorite vocalists of all time because of his energy and emotion when singing. The Offspring's lyrics have always been creative and original. The lyrics always fit the music pretty good. The whole band keeps rythm pretty good on all instruments and lyrics.

I like this album because it has a nice mix of old Offspring with with new stuff. The right songs were picked for the album. I would recommend this album to everyone who likes punk music. I am disappointed that there are no songs from "Ignition," but they can only fit so many songs on one CD I guess. I would recommend buying the whole collection of Offspring CDs, its worth the cash, trust me.