Greatest Hits review by The Offspring

• Released: Jun 21, 2005
The Offspring: Greatest Hits

There are many styles of music in this record. The songs are the singles from pretty much all the albums, and their music has evolved over the years. There's also a new song called "Can't Repeat" and it's pretty good. To name a few other songs; Pretty Fly, Original Prankster, Come Out And Play, Why Don't You Get A Job, The Kids Aren't Alright and Want You Bad (these aren't all the songs, I'm just naming a few). In my opinion these songs are great! What a coincidence that these are my favorite Offspring songs. There's also a bonus track, which is the WiseGuy's remix of The Kids Aren't Alright. I think its pretty crap because its like a dance version of it. Oh and mine (maybe not yours) had a hidden track, but I don't know this song. (Incase your CD does have it, its around 5:50 of Kids Aren't Alright WiseGuys Remix).

The lyrics are awesome in most songs. My favorite lyrics are those to "Want You Bad." They're pretty hilarious. Most of the lyrics on this album are really meaningful, such as those to "Kids Aren't Alright" and "Original Prankster". "Why Don't You Get A Job" has pretty good lyrics too! But don't think that this is the most meaningful CD in the whole wide world, because some lyrics on this album are pretty meaningless (even if the song itself kicks major ass). The lead vocals by Dexter and backup vocals by Noodles are pretty good too.

This is a very good album. I can't really compare to any albums because this is a compilation of their songs over a long period of time (10 years maybe? ). But if I took into consideration another band's songs over 10 years, I would say maybe Millencolin and NOFX would be pretty similar (not so much of NOFX). The most impressive songs I've ever heard in this album would be "Want You Bad" and "Original Prankster." I love everything about this album. All the songs on this album are great! In the booklet of the album in the case, it shows all the album art to the singles, and they look totally awesome. If it were to be stolen or if I lost it, I guess I would either buy it again or, if I had the money, all of the albums by The Offspring.