Greatest Hits review by The Offspring

• Released: Jun 21, 2005
The Offspring: Greatest Hits

To me, The Offspring always had good singles, but the other songs on their CDs were horrible. It's ususally the other way around. So I was very happy to see them releasing a greatest hits album. These songs are great, and the band is great at changing their sound. What I mean is they can go from a fast-paced song like "Want You Bad" to a slower, more lyrically inclined song like "Gone Away."

The lyrics on this CD are great at times, but stupidly silly sometimes. They fit the music and mood good though. You've probably heard most of these songs before (unless you live in a box), so you know what kind of music The Offspring write.

This is a great album, and I would suggest buying it even if you have only heard a couple of Offspring songs. I like every song, some more than others, but I still like all of them. That is how good it is. If it were stolen, heck yes I would buy another one, and I hate buying CDs twice. So maybe I'd ask for it for a gift or something, but if you're unsure, go buy this CD now.