Greatest Hits review by The Offspring

• Released: Jun 21, 2005
The Offspring: Greatest Hits

This CD rules! I can't say anything bad about any of The Offspring's albums. What I really Like about the Greatest Hits album is the insane sound. Each song has a good mixture of powerchords, octaves, hammer-ons, pull-offs, soloing, and sometimes harmonics. You can't forget the great vocals by Dexter Holland. The song that his vocals stood out the most in was "Can't Repeat". Can't Repeat is the first track off the album and it is a new Offspring song and it is getting very popular already! The worst song on the album in my opinion is "Defy You". I am not digging it at all. It is way to soft and could use some more energy.

Lyrics were also pretty good. The thing that I really like about the lyrics is how catchy they are. They are kind of funny in some songs like "Why Don't You Get A Job?" and "Original Prankster. Those two songs are the ones that I find most catchy off the album and have the most clear lyrics. In "Why Don't You Get A Job", the lyrics are clearly stating that some guy is getting pissed off and he keeps telling his girlfriend to get a job. Later on in the song it changes around. In other songs I have to study the lyrics a bit to understand what the song is about but that dosen't matter because The Offspring is great with Lyrics and Dexter Holland is amazing at singing them.

All I can say is wow! This CD blew me away. All of their best songs were on it. Everyday I am playing along with these songs on guitar or just singing along with them. The songs that I love the most are "Can't Repeat", "Come Out And Play", "Self Esteem", "Gone Away", "Why Don't You Get A Job?", "The Kids Aren't Alright" "Original Prankster", and "Want You Bad". I love this CD. I would recommend it to any out their who wants to buy more Offspring stuff.

CrazyPigeon
    Why Don't You Get A Job is awful. A real low point for The Offspring. Also, reviewer in the first one can't count.
    Drifting182
    I find most of the band's later output to be mediocre. Their first few singles were decent pop tunes, though.
    fretman5000
    Offsping r still a great band. Theyve never had a low point or anything in their time since smash was released. Theyve been popular and kickass ever since. I love every one of their songs and all of their cds.