Ixnay on the Hombre review by The Offspring

• Released: Feb 7, 1997
The Offspring: Ixnay on the Hombre

Ok, it's late to review this album, but I couldn't leave it without even say a word. Everyone knows that Offspring is mostly a punk band, and maybe the best punk band nowadays. But, in this record they tried to show their rock side, and they did it very well. Ixnay On The Hombre is a great rock album with very pop guitar riffs and of course the well-known style of Offspring. I believe that this gorgeous record is the best of Offspring. I think it is even better "Smash" and "Americana".

The lyrics were absolutely stunning.I would advice you only to listen to "Gone Away". Then you could understand what I mean.Dexter created again and there isn't any doubt about it.

The most impressive song is "Gone Away" with great riffs and extremely great lyrics.Other nice songs are "Mota" and "Amazed" which are more old Offspring and lastly the song called "I choose" which reminds us the also well-known pop side of Offspring. This is a "must" record for every fan of Offspring or a punk-rock fan. If it was stolen, I would certainly buy it again.