Ixnay on the Hombre review by The Offspring

• Released: Feb 7, 1997
The Offspring: Ixnay on the Hombre

The Offspring is my favorite band, and this cd is really amazing. With songs like "I Choose" and "Way Down The Line" the cd has a very cool punk rock sound to it. The lead singer said that this was one of his favorite albums, so you know it has to be good.

The lyrics are great on this CD. While "Intermission" has hilarious lyrics and so does "Cool To Hate," the band also has an extremely meaningful song, "Gone Away." The lyrics blend perfectly with the music and Dexter sings better than on any other CD.

If you're up for a different sounding cd with awesome guitar riffs and nice lyrics you should definately buy this CD. The best songs on here are "I Choose," "All I Want," "Gone Away" and "Change The World." I love how the songs on this album seem to go together and get a definate message across. I hate the intro to "Me And My Old Lady," that kinda ruins the song for me. If I lost this CD, I would stop whatever I was doing and go buy it again. This is the greatest cd ever made. If you don't own it already, go buy it now.