Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace review by The Offspring

• Released: Jun 16, 2008
The Offspring: Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace

The sound in this album definatley changes my thoughts on the band. Songs that realy suprised me was alot like me, fix you and Kristy are you doing ok. Which use acoustic guitars and piano, which in my opinion certaintly isn't punk rock. The sound just isn't punk, the closest to their original sound would be your gonna go far kid and maybe trust in you but not all that much. Its new territory with bright songs and heavier songs. So overall the main sound is pop - punk. If you liked the first couple of albums I don't recommend this one.

The lyrics are alot deeper than i think The Offspring have gone, hammerhead is a very deep war song, almost poetic. Kristy are you doing ok and fix you are alot more heart felt in the lyrics showing that dexter was feeling what he was writing. Trust in you, Half-Truism and Alot Like Me are an unusual idea for the Offspring. Stuff is messed up is a good punk song with punk lyrics, your gonna go far kid is about decieving which is also an interesting sound for the offspring. Over all the lyrics are deeper and therefore give a very different vibe to the album.

Ok Overall this is gonna be a let down for most punk rockers. Comparing it to the self titled, ignition, smash, ixany and maybe even americana it isn't a very good album. If your into more pop like Green Day you'll probably like most songs off the album. But all together any Offspring fan that didn't get hooked by Pretty Fly For A White Guy will not like this album as much as others.