Splinter review by The Offspring

• Released: Dec 1, 2003
The Offspring: Splinter

The sound on Splinter is pretty much the same as on americana but they threw some more power to it like on Cospiracy Of One. Of course most of the guitars are nothing but the same old powerchords, but the offspring is one of the few bands who can make sound a couple of chords really great. There's also a stupid techno bit on hit hat. But the worst song is worst hangover ever,they try to be a ska-band. Me being a huge huge ska fan think that they should let do ska-music by ska-bands. There are so many great ska band like buck o nine or the more punkier Less Than Jjake. But overall the cd sounds really great.

The lyrics are very good, they sound good, they are good and Dexter sings them perfectly.

This isn't their best cd, but it's a very good one. It certainly beats Americana and also beats conspiracy of one (but I'm not 2 sure about the last). But it aint as good as there older work. One big point of critic is THE CD IS TOO SHORT, you get 32 minutes of sound, that's right 32 minutes.And the first and last song arent real songs so lets say that you get 28 minutes of music. That's way to little. I think they better worked a little longer on the cd so they could put more songs on it and should have thrown away 2 or 3 tracks because they really suck. But the rest of the cd is great. So I certainly advice buying this cd and if you're an offsprinf fan (like me), there's no reason for not buying this cd, even if it's waaayyy to short.